Re: Bent Deuce Front axles and U

To: boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com (Doug Anderson), land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bent Deuce Front axles and U
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 11:51:00 -0400 (EDT)
Doug, for what it's worth I understand standard practice in the Ford
dealers service depts. in the beam-axle days was to use factory-approved
bending tackle to correct axles that were tweaked and get them into
correct alignment specs again.  Since obviously there was no adjustment
for caster or camber provided.  I seem to recall that the axles were
made of forged 4130, clearly they needed to be very tough.

With any individual case, certainly, experienced knowledge would be
essential, considering the consequences of failure.  Somebody has to
make "the call".  The owner has to take "the responsibility".  Like Jack
Nicholson said in "The Witches of Eastwick", we're always playing the
percentages down here.  Cheers Bill