Morris Minor

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Morris Minor
From: Jane McMeekin <jmcmeekin@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 22:20:35 -0500
Bitten by the Morris Minor bug a few years ago I located a nice '60 two
door for sale in Florida by the original owner. Like a lot of people, I
am attracted to its tiny size and the fact that it resembles a mid
forties Ford or chevy. And like a lot of folks I found that driving a
Morris in today's traffic is more excitement than I can stand. The
brakes (or lack of) can be upgraded to the "spriget" disc units with an
adapter but the 948 engine needs a lot of help. A new heart was in
order.

The engine needed to be small, light and have about 150hp to qualify.
Sounds like a Rotary to me! I bought an '85 RX7 and used almost
everything, including the seats to bring Morris up to speed. It handles
very well, goes like stink, and stops on a dime. In fact its rather like
driving a go cart on the street. With all the Morris talk, I couldn't
resist the urge to jump in.
Don