Maxton Weekend

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Maxton Weekend
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 12:58:00 -0500
ahhh the second meet was a semi Joy... Great weather ... better people..
average mechanical's in the Ole Girly car....

Interesting Mule Motor Brad has built us... Forgot all bout that Torque
stuff... man this thing is a HORSE.... .060 over 350 with Hyperutecnic
Pistons and Dart 230 heads he Ported and then had angle milled... .125ths
.573 lift Hydraulic Flat tappet cam....The thing was just a Horse the first
4 gears... I backed out of it and putted through 5 and 6th.... took the
short shut down... and our Emergency Crew ( Klem Roberts and Mike Potee )
told me it was Rattling..... Hmmm okay so Brad shows up and we start to tow
it back and the thing is Crunching.... hmmm NOT good...

Pulled the wheels off, spun the drums and it bound up .... snatched the
driveshaft and the Trans is what was binding.... don't know exactly what
our problem is just yet but I'll check it out tonight or Thursday

I'll cover the Deal with the magazine stuff here in the next mailing.
Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100, Bugeye, Box sprites, Bonneville Camaro ( Land Speed
Racer)