ECTA Grenade Award / Car 429

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: ECTA Grenade Award / Car 429
From: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 06:51:20 -0400
List,

   I managed to catch up with the fellas who drove the #429 V4/GR as they
were leaving on Sunday, and presented them with the second ECTA "Grenade
Award".  They certainly earned it, with not only a ventilated block, but a
large dent in the hood as well.  I hope having the award to hang on the wall
next to their new record will be some small consolation for their engine
damage.  Beautiful car, and with the new yellow paint job and new head I
hadn't even recognized it as the same car that had showed up late last
season.  Definitely a car to keep an eye on.

Chuck Rothfuss
"USS Wankel"