Re: 6 Speed woes Solved

To: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 6 Speed woes Solved
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 13:11:09 -0500
Exactly Jim... that was Dave's parting thoughts....

What amazes me is just HOW good some of you folks are.... Here I sit
totally clueless.... and inside of two shakes of a rabbit's ear...I get not
only the answer but some ultra sound advice surrounding the other trials
and tribulations I might encounter as a direct result of my ignorance....

I can look back on bolting this thing together and see exactly why it let
me get away with it too.... the Four bolts that connect the trans to the
bell housing are really tough to get at..... on in particular... that bolt
caused me to think it was simply being stubborn.....  once again I learn
not to force something which needs a message....

This thing really didn't feel bad at all going together.... but.... it
wasn't Perfect either..... Lesson learned....

Keith

----------
> From: Jim Dincau <jdincau@qnet.com>
> To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>; land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: 6 Speed woes Solved
> Date: Thursday, May 03, 2001 12:55 PM
>
> Keith
>     You might want to give the thrust main on the crank a look see also.
For
> every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Been there done
that.
> Jim in Palmdale, where its a two rocks in every pocket day.\

Life
> > will be good again...  Oh and Dave's Parting thought.... CHECK the
Trust