Another newbie signing on to the "list"

To: LSR List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Another newbie signing on to the "list"
From: Allen & Trish <riveroak@cncnet.com>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 17:39:06 -0700
Hi list,

My name is Allen Young and I live in Oroville Ca.  I'm retired and a
recent resident of California.  Just in time to get whacked in the side
of the head by the electric utility problem.  I've been reading the list
for a couple of weeks and love it!  I didn't sign on for a couple of
days and had over 400 emails to read!  I've corresponded a couple of
times with Tom Bryant in Redding (almost a neighbor) about my
"project".  He is encouraging me to keep going and at this point I
will.  I have a '60's front engine dragster  that I'm considering
turning into a Lakester.  I plan to put a GMC 270 inline six into it,
hooked to a powerglide tranny.  I plan to take it to El Mirage for a
tech inspection just to see if it might be a feasible project.  If it
is, I hope to have it running next year.  I plan to journey to
Bonneville this summer/fall to just soak it up and learn all I can.
Also do the photography thing when I can.

Any comments or suggestions about my proposed project would be greatly
appreciated.  If the dragster isn't feasible, I have a cherry 1977
Camero that might be a candidate for the salt??

Thanks for letting me tune in and hope to meet many of you one of these
days.

Allen --- Oroville CA. -- LSR  # 717