Fwd: NEXT TIME YOU MAIL THAT LETTER : Read this FIRST .....

To: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Subject: Fwd: NEXT TIME YOU MAIL THAT LETTER : Read this FIRST .....
From: "Doug Anderson" <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 01:09:25 -0000
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com

Subject: NEXT  TIME  YOU  MAIL  THAT  LETTER : Read  this  FIRST  .....
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 17:12:05 EDT

Do you lick the envelope?

 >   Thought you could all use this health tip.....
 >
 >   If you lick your envelopes...You won't anymore!!!!

  A woman was working in a post office in California.  One day she
licked the envelopes and postage stamps instead of using a sponge.
  That very day the lady cut her tongue on the envelope.  A
week later, she noticed an abnormal swelling of her tongue.  She went
to the doctor, and they found nothing wrong. Her tongue was not sore or
anything.
A couple of  days later, her tongue started to swell more, and it began to
get really sore, so sore, that she could not eat. She  went back to the
hospital, and demanded something be done.

The doctor took an X-ray of her tongue, and noticed a lump.  He
prepared her for minor surgery. When the doctor cut her tongue open, a live
roach crawled out. There were roach eggs on the seal of the envelope. The
egg was able to hatch inside of her tongue, because of her saliva. Itwas
warm and moist...

   This is a true story reported on CNN.

 >     Andy Hume wrote:
 >     Hey, I used to work in an envelope factory. You wouldn't
 >     Believe the.....things that float around in those gum
 >     applicator trays. I haven't licked an envelope for years.

To All:
I used to work for a print shop (32 years ago) and we were told NEVER
to lick the envelopes. I never understood why until I had to go into storage
and pull out 2500 envelops that were already printed for a customer who was
doing a mailing and saw several squads of roaches roaming around inside a
couple of boxes with eggs everywhere.
They eat the glue on the envelopes. I think print shops have a harder time
controlling roaches than a restaurant. I always buy the self sealing type.
Or if need be I use a glue stick to seal one that has the type of glue that
needs to be wet to stick.