What's Up

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: What's Up
From: Jane McMeekin <jmcmeekin@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 14:33:39 -0500
The McMeekin Brothers are alive and well working like little beavers in
their state of the art race car fabrication center (read two car garage)

here in central Ohio. The yellow Skyhawk is no more. In it's place is a
red one with a "D" engine where the "F" one used to be.

Well, the change was supposed to be fairly simple, and we were
reasonably sure that we could have this thing on the track in time for a

couple of meets at Maxton before Bonneville's Speedweek. I don't
remember being so naive in my younger years, but then my memory isn't
that keen now either. One good thing about living in a cartoon is that
if you don't like the way things are going, you simply make up a new
story. We are now hoping for completion sometime before death occurs. So

we have sold out and are building a "Chevick" engine instead of our
normal odd ball stuff.

A corporate 400" SBC block supports Dart Buick heads and related
hardware. We're using a 2.8" Moldex crank, Eagle "H" beam rods, and 14:1

Venolia pistons with Total Seal gap less rings. Guess we'll start with a

small Holley of some kind on top and MSD ignition stuff. Since the
machine shop has eaten our block at this time we are presently updating
all of the underside body mechanics and performing several important
changes dictated by an anticipated increase in speed. And in the back of

my mind, I dream of being up and running by Speedweek, setting several
records, and breaking the world record in the pole vault at the
Olympics.
Don