Arduns What Else (XXF/GR #124)

To: land-speed@autox.team.net, bk185@lafn.org (marco), bjgayle@aol.com,
Subject: Arduns What Else (XXF/GR #124)
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 16:38:02 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Folks, just wanted to tell you that I finally got everything together
yesterday for a driveway test of my new 290 Ardun.  Primed the Hilborn a
little with the electric priming pump, cranked it, and boom! it started
instantly.  Richened it a little to slow it down to a steady 1500 rpm
idle after it warmed up a tad, not way rich, not loading up, just
"gobbling" a little like you like it.

Nothing to it, you see, nothing that is, but five years of coaching by
ALL the Ardun fellas, nation-wide.  For which much thanks.

Next I climbed into the cockpit to check out the new hydraulic clutch
installation, and lo and behold, shoved in the pedal, and selected
first, second, and any and all gears in the four-speed just as slick and
pretty as any little Honda putting around the streets.  No strain, no
drag, no gear grinding, no gear crashing, no problem at all.  The way it
should be.

So anything can happen in the next five minutes, but at least yesterday,
all systems were go and I'm looking forward to trying this new "big"
Ardun out at the June Maxton Meet.  It "should" do better than the 239 I
ran last year.  We'll see.  Cheers from Ardun Bill in the Great Dismal
Swamp, Chesapeake, VA