Nevada Race

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>, Richard Fox <v4gr@rcn.com>
Subject: Nevada Race
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 21:47:58 -0700
Just pulled up the results of the Nevada race on the internet ...

Congratulations to Jim Marz who finished first in the 125 mph class with an
error of .00020. and average speed of 125.00020.   That's pretty good
navigating over 90 miles for his navigator Mark Lundren.  That laptop must
have been smoking at the finish line.

Ed Van Scoy ran it alone and finished 11th in class with an error of only
.36300 for an average of 150.36300.

Have to admit that our other favorite in that class,  a '65 Corvair with a
Chev V8 sitting in the back, actually finished third.  Wonder what he would
do on the salt?

The '37 Ford pickup with the Chev V6 averaged 157.01962.

There are pictures at
http:www.silverstateclassic.com/results2001/150-95.htm  but none of the
T-roadster with the Chev inline 6.  Cute car, thought it would do well but
it was a "did not start" situation I guess.

Wes