A/FALT record

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: A/FALT record
From: Scott Cowle <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 12:37:16 -0400
 At the April 28-29 meet at Maxton I was running in the A/FALT class. I
reset my own record by running 173.4mph on my old 170mph record. At this
meet was Scott Griswold and his 67 Chevelle sporting a very healthy 454 , I
think. Anyways he ran 176 and change and he could have taken the record in
this class from me but instead chose to reset the AA/FALT with this run
instead so that I could retain my record. You have to appreciate
sportsmanship on this level. Now I really have an incentive to go back down
there and try to go faster. My hat goes off to Scott for his generosity and
consideration for a fellow racer.
Scott Cowle-The other Guy!