Re: Additional Thought on Fasteners...

To: ardunbill@webtv.net, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Additional Thought on Fasteners...
From: Skip Higginbotham <saltrat@pro-blend.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2001 09:17:12 -0500
Good point Bill. In my experience, I have crashed some hardware and have
never seen a grade 8 bolt (or grade 5 for that matter) break....have see
some lower strength fasteners fail from lack of strength though! A
calculation of the strength requirements might be handy in the selection
process if anybody knew how to do it! I don't...so I over kill with high
shear strength stuff. Grade 8 isn't supposed to be brittle according to the
bolt mfgrs.
Skip