Re: LIGHT CONNECTING ROD

To: The Butters Family <bbutters@coldreams.com>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: LIGHT CONNECTING ROD
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 09:17:21 -0700 (PDT)
Thinking totally outside the box here - - do you
have enough room in your block to use longer rod
bolts and double nut them to gain 25 grams?  If
not, how about adding the weight inside the wrist
pin?  Like I said, outside the box.  How about
drilling a hole from the top of the crankshaft
bearing end up through the center of the rod for
a little bit then threading it and inserting a
short length of 25 grams of heavier threaded
steel using locktite.  I'm a real lover of JB
Weld but I'd be afraid to put it in a location
with so much movement.  I'd just be afraid it
would come off.

Dick J

--- The Butters Family <bbutters@coldreams.com>