Joe's job.

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Joe's job.
From: "paul bland" <paul.blandavon@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 18:03:47 +0100
Joe, it occurs to me that for the most part we never fully realise how lucky
we are, I'm as guilty as the rest in that respect, allways finding something
to moan about, too much work, not enough cash, shitty weather etc... then a
story such as your last posting brings me down to earth with a bang, for those
of us lucky enough to be invovled in motorsports, we are truly a lot better
off than an awfull lot of people. I'm also lucky in so far as (please take
this the right way) I don't have your job, it's certainly a job I couldn't do
as it needs to be done, you have my admiration for that! As far as allways
wearing a helmet goes, I couldn't agree more, before I saw sense and started
racing dragsters, I raced bikes for many years, I had a crash in 86 in the
rain, the bike got sideways and "highsided" me, I landed on the back of my
head and broke my neck, I'm fine now (my wife wouldn't agree!) but I'm sure
the quality helmet I was wearing saved my life, and whilst people demand their
freedom of choice not to wear a helmet, it's not them that have to do Joe's
job afterwards!
again my admiration, well done, Paul.