D - Day : Mention in the Newspapers of Bedford, VA Monument

To: edvs@uswest.net, jonw@up.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: D - Day : Mention in the Newspapers of Bedford, VA Monument
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 14:30:07 EDT
        Ed, Jon,    Yes, my flag is flying, too, and I'd like to think lots
more
are all over this land, including at some of our fellow list members' homes .
      My local paper, the New London Day, does have an interesting article,
back on page eight, about 35 boys, all from the SAME town, who went
ashore that day, and 19 of them were killed almost instantly ......
       ALL from the little southwest Virginia farm town of Bedford .
 The article goes on to say that the President would be there today
to dedicate the National D - Day Memorial, not on the low mall lawns
of Washington, but standing on the highest mountain top in Bedford .
       I imagine this will be shown on TV tonight, and some of the
survivors will speak, as well as President Bush .
       NINETEEN  BOYS  from this one little town alone .......
                    what a price we paid .......
           Bruce,
   Flying my Flag ...... and proud of what it stands for !!!