old timers

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: old timers
From: "Rose & Terry Hunt" <hunt@Kuentos.guam.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 08:16:04 +1000
Doug and list, I brought up his name because I went to his house years ago
with a friend, Dick Daniels. Dick and I were flight instructors at San
Fernando airport, next to the drag strip. Dick did some crewing for Bob. He
now drives the Goodyear blimp. On Sundays, when things got slow at the
airport, we would step across the fence and watch the drags. Guys like Tony
Nancy, Frank Pedregon, Gene Adams and others were running in those days. It
was like land speed racing is now. You could walk around and talk to everyone.
Very informal.   Terry Hunt, Guam Bomb, #743