Re: : Goodyear racing tires & tire slippage

To: rgribble <rgribble@carolina.rr.com>
Subject: Re: : Goodyear racing tires & tire slippage
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 07:17:52 -0400
This has to be the most important subject discussed to date in my opinion as it
effects everyone reaching the potential of their car! Wit most people being able
to produce enough power to break a record and not hook the car up it seems at
times we need to slam the hood shut and quit poking around under there as it is
not really where the answer lies to a greater speed in most cases. I have heard
#'s that sound like a max acceleration rate at Bonneville of .67 G. At first
this seemed low to me until i went back and looked at the data from a few cars.
yep that is a realistic #. So it has to get down to tires and suspension to make
it better for most cars. If it allows the removal of ballast all the better as
this will improve the acceleration all by itself as the tires get better.  I
personally can't wait to see what you find out!
Dave Dahlgren
who does believe it all comes down to where the rubber meets the road......
plesae add me to your reply to list!