Re: Jon and glasses

To: Allen & Trish <riveroak@cncnet.com>,
Subject: Re: Jon and glasses
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 20:06:53 -0700 (PDT)
Jon, any GOOD optician should be able to fix you
up with proper glasses.  I have a pair that my
optitian calls Occupational lenses.  He had me
measure distances from the corner of my eye to
everything I use at work, then he used two of my
three prescriptions (usually trifocals) and made
special occupational lenses that have focal
lengths for arms length work and 24 feet (the
distance to the door in my office).  Lenses could
easilty be made with one prescription set for the
instruments, and the other for driving distance
(infinity?).

My second pair have my regular trifocal lenses.
  For driving, I have special sunglasses with the
driving linse in the top half and the lower half
set to read the dashboard.  I even had the
no-line transition set at a height that let's me
rest my head on the headrest and still be looking
through the distance prescription.

=====
Dick J
In East Texas