Re: Compression Ratios, Hot air, and us

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Compression Ratios, Hot air, and us
From: "Doug Anderson" <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 04:00:43 -0000
OH oh,.....CORRECTION THERE DICK:

MY 327 HAS .120 DOMED PISTONS (1/8")
  (the old so-called 350hp-327 piston from 1966-67 engines)
                                               -remember them boys?

-AND you forgot to mention my head cc's there Dick!
I know it's late and we're getting tired LOL!

ANYWAY,  MY   heads, (old early 461 castings with 1.94 intake valves)
       ...IF I remember correctly, cc'd at 68 when I did them.

my pistons TDC at, I think (!) .035 - .040 below deck (not counting the dome
of course ) giving about .070 theoretical clearance between head and piston
when operating ( keep in mind now, this is all from memory of an engine
built 6 years ago fellas, so take it easy on me will ya? )

DICK stated below:   "He is looking at some 55CC heads. My guess was 12:1.
He doesn't think it would be over 10:1.
                         What is that going to do to his CR ? "

What I said to Dick over the phone was that I did'nt think 55cc heads with
FLAT  pistons in a 350 would go past 10:1   -NOT refering to my motor with
the pop-ups....  -just to clarify things a bit.

We were just hashing out imaginary numbers   ....daydreamin' AGAIN

But what IS the formula fellas?  I ferget.

                                     -Bet'cha Mayf can tell us!

                           Thanks, Doug A.   latenite,we gone