Information Wanted

To: "Land Speed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Information Wanted
From: "Bill & Dee Bennett" <benettw@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 22:59:38 -0400
I was looking through some old photos of mine and came across one that
stirred my curiosity. Back in the late 80's I took a trip through Don
Garlits
museum in Ocala, Fla.. He had a Top Fuel car in there that belong to Herm
Peterson. It was an attempt at using ground effects and streamlining
borrowed from Can-Am cars of the era (1974). The car was listed as Gilmore
and Peterson Streamliner but the car was painted Peterson and Fitz. Anyone
ever remember seeing this car run or know much about it?

Also happened to think about another attempt I remember. Back in the early
80's Super Stock and Drag Illustrated built a super comp dragster using a
body design similar to an Indy car. Anybody remember this one and know what
happened to it. I am sure it must still be around somewhere because of it
uniqueness.

Bill