Re: rules and bike ?

To: "john robinson" <john@engr.wisc.edu>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rules and bike ?
From: "glen barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 16:10:16 -0700
John
All race vehicles regardless of the number of wheels are required to be
towed or trailered to the pits after the run.
If it were me I would trailer the bike to keep the salt spray off of it plus
the rider can relax on the way back to the pits. This is a long way to sit
on a bike and be towed. Secondly if it is broke or a tire is down it's
easier to load on a small bike trailer. One of our lakes racers has a tilt
ramp that he rolls the bike up and tilts the bike into the back of his
truck. This ramp assembly is slid into the trailer receiver on the back of
the truck.When it tilts it has a locking device and a couple of tie downs do
the job.
 It's really trick and can be removed to tow the regular bike trailer to the
track.

Glen