location, etc

To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: location, etc
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 07:22:32 -0700
When things flood out there does the course
"disappear" and you start all over laying it out? does the constant racing
pack down that area over the years?
******

Bob, list,

I'm not a geologist but the way I understand it is that the "course" where
ever that may be is marked with surveyor stakes. This includes our so called
Hot Rod course, the International course and the old ten mile circle. The
water renews the surface. During the drying period the salt crystals grow up
towards the sun. This results in the uneven surface, pressure ridges, that
must be dragged smooth before we can use it.

The courses laided out by BNI and USFRA over the years have been parallel to
each other or overlaid on each other but with starting lines in different
locations. Of course this all depends on the weather.

Out on I80 about 5 miles towards SLC is an observation point constructed by
Goodyear many years ago. It has a raised walkway where you can see the race
tracks from a completely different perspective. There is also a map which
indicates where the courses are located.

Now, don't hold me to the above being all the facts. My education comes from a
few years of tribal knowledge and observing "Rule 1".

Dan W