Re: Rolling Resistance

To: benettw@earthlink.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rolling Resistance
From: Want1937hd@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 00:52:54 EDT
In a message dated 6/28/01 12:07:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
benettw@earthlink.net writes:

<< hmmmm I will say this from my own short observations. At Maxton you can
 sometimes have 4 or 5 cars in your lane waiting to get to the start line.
 Since very few use a push start everyone helps push the cars forward. I can
 tell you this that pushing Keith's car is like pushing 2 of Bob Gribble's
 Busch Grand National car. And the BGN car has a lot wide tire foot print
 under it but probably 1000 lbs. lighter. Seems to me rolling resistance has
 a lot to do no matter what the speed. I realize there are other factors
 involved other than rolling resistance when moving a car from a dead stop.

 Bill >>

              Is this a parking brake problem? Bob in connecticut