Ebay buying

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Ebay buying
From: LGMCAFEE@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 22:40:25 EDT
Some on the list remember back in Jan. I paid for a set of heads off of ebay
that I never received. I just did recover my money last week after about 5
months. I know a lot of people on the list use ebay and I still do also but I
want to tell you what I have found out. 1. Ebay will not recover your money
for you in fact they were very little help. All they will do is send the
person that cheated you an email and take them off of ebay that is it. 2. I
paid thru PayPay and I can't believe how they have screwed up my account,
they also will not do much to recover your money. 3. I personally know of 5
different people that was took for over $5000.00 by this person. I sent the
sheriff department where this guy lives all the information and so did these
5 other people and the sheriff even went out and talked to him and did
nothing, I still can't believe this. The only help that I got was from
Mastercard . I sent Mastercard all my information and they reimbursed me
100%. What can you do when buying off of ebay? Check the guy that is selling
on there feedback page and email people that have bought things from him.
Also pay with a credit card when possible this is all that saved me. I hope
this information might help someone who buys from ebay. Larry Mac