I'm Baaaack

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: I'm Baaaack
From: "Rick Byrnes" <Rick@rbmotorsports.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 09:49:04 -0400
Greetings friends in LSR.
Well I'm back to an almost regular schedule, after some really hectic times.
We lost my mother while in the process of moving them out of their 60 year
residence. Sold the house, and they found a really nice independent living
facility.  86 and 88 years old.  Unfortunately mom died while in the process
of moving and we found out just how bad my fathers Alzheimers really is.  He
is now in a wonderful assisted living, and quite close to me in Dearborn.
Back on the car front, Jim, my pilot in the Merkur last year is now in
Colorado Springs, as the TD Waterhouse manager.  (Yeah he wants to pilot the
lakester).
On that subject, we will not be on the salt this year.  The building of the
car by Mel Swain in Ca. is going very well, but not as fast as I had
anticipated.  It really is coming together well, and I am happy to be working
with Mel.  I just hope I can carry it off with the same quality I'm getting
from him.  The front is done and panels are being hung for the back half.  The
tail is a little complex and will take a while, as will some of the details
that I want him to do.  I will have photos after the weekend of the 15
Jul....
Glenys and I have a meeting with Mel on the 14th and plan on being at the meet
at Mirage on the 15th.....look for us....
Actually, I am now hoping to be able to pick the car up in LA in Sept and stop
by the salt on the way home  (WOS).....if that does not work, it may be wiser
to have it shipped.....we shall see.
The Merk is not yet sold.  I may eventually restore it for use on the street.
It still has all the lights horns etc etc....and last time I checked, they
sort of worked....
We were out of the country for almost a month in Apr/May, and I really missed
this list.
I hope you are all well and ready for Speed Week.....

Rick Byrnes