Fwd: 425 Nailhead for sale

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: 425 Nailhead for sale
From: "Doug Anderson" <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 23:45:30 -0000
From: Mike Kamm <mkamm@juno.com>
To: boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com
Subject: 425 Nailhead for sale
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 22:42:24 -0400

        Hi Doug, I was wondering if you could forward this message to your
impressive email list, of hot rodders. This engine was not made in Japan, so
I must sell it! [hehe]. Sorry for the bad joke.

Anyway, here is my ad, for this sweet piece of American Pie!

For Sale: Buick Nailhead engine: standard bore,'63 425 engine,

complete with Hilborn Stack Injection, [gas],
Isky 505 Magnum roller cam with full rev kit, [extra springs in lifter
valley],

Joe Hunt [Vertex] magneto,

Venolia forged pistons,

custom made aluminum Superods,

N.O.S. Edelbrock polished

finned valve covers [with chrome breathers],

Weiand finned F.I. timing cover,

chrome valley cover,

Douglas header flange kit, with 1 3/4" stub pipes,

deepened oil pan and blueprinted oil pump, [with high pressure
spring and extended pickup],

ported heads, [with flow sheet],
aluminum retainers, exhaust crossovers are filled with aluminum,

and a custom made billet steel crank hub, that can mount a blower pulley, or
an aftermarket Fischer race damper, [included].

The billet crank hub,  is counterwieghted, [like original ] and is as far as
I know, unavailable anywhere.

The engine is not currently assembled. I wouldn't assemble it until I knew I
was going to use it. The block, like I said, is STANDARD
bore, [imagine that, 38 years old], and there is no ridge or visible wear
in any cylinder.  All of the valvesprings were checked, and are fine. No
"dead" ones.

Lastly, The entire reciprocating assy. was balanced for the [new N.O.S.]
Hayes aluminum flywheel and high performance 11" clutch assy., and also
balanced with the [again, included] automatic flexplate.

Remember, these are externally balanced engines.

It comes with a complete new Fel-pro gasket set, and new Clevite rod
bearings. The forged steel crank has been checked for cracks,cleaned, and
polished. As you can see, everything is first class, and no expense was
spared.

The price for everything is $3000.

Thanks,  Mike Kamm   Poestenkill NY