re: plumbing a nitrous system

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: plumbing a nitrous system
From: "paul bland" <paul.blandavon@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 11:14:14 +0100
At last a question I can answer! Larry with eight solenoids you have a two
stage system (obviously) so what you should also have is this, 16 fogger
nozzles, 8 distribution blocks(1 for each solenoid) 32 hard lines, 2 bottles,
2 dedicated fuel pumps, various fittings and about 37 miles of braided hose!
what you do is this: drill and tap your inlet manifold for the nozzles (1/16
npt tap) fit the fogger nozzles, determine where the solenoids are going to
go, obviously look at hood/scoop etc...  clearance, you can then cut and bend
your hard lines to suit and fit them to the distribution blocks that you will
fit on the solenoids. Decide where your bottles are going to fit, mount them
along the car, not sideways, and point the tap forwards. you can now cut and
fit your braded hose, this goes to a "Y" fitting and then splits to 2 nitrous
solenoids, I use - 8 to the "Y" fitting and -6 to the solenoids. I've got a
seperate fuel pump for each stage and another for the carb, keep them all
seperate then it's easier to isolate a problem. I operate each stage manually,
one on a micro switch on the carb and one button on the "butterfly" rough
jetting sizes are:
28 n2o + 32 fuel= upto 175bhp
32 n2o + 36 fuel= upto 250 bhp
36 n2o + 40 fuel = upto 325 bhp
40 n20 + 46 fuel = upto 400 bhp (I'm not responsable for your pistons!) Don't
be tempted to run both systems off one bottle, it's not good, Most important
fit a good Retard unit, I use MSD, 4 degrees retard per 100 bhp is usually a
safe start point. And Allways fit low pressure fuel switches that will kill
the whole system if fuel pressure drops. hope that helps, if I can help
further let me know, I can scan to email wiring diagrams if you need them.
Regards, Paul.