Want to buy...going to the salt

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Want to buy...going to the salt
From: Ken Bond <kmb2@humboldt.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 09:43:04 -0700
I'm looking for a couple of items and will be at Bonneville so I thought I
would send out a note.

1.  I have been convinced (thanks Brad/Keith) that I should look around for
a good, strong running "mule" motor for 2002 while doing licence runs,
shake-outs, qualifying for the long course, etc. and then install our race
motor for 2003.  For the 2002 purposes, I would be interested in talking
with anyone (off line) who has a strong running small block chev (most any
size would work for shake-out purposes).  I am not looking for a race piece
quality (or price), but a good strong mule.  If I can find something, I
would like it fairly complete as I want to save my nickels for the race
motor.  Again, I will be traveling to Bonneville, so maybe a
delivery/pick-up could be worked out.

2.  I am looking for a couple of CHEAP, LOW COST, real close to free tires
for roll around the shop, chassis set-up work.  We will not run until 2002
so I want to wait on buying good tires.  Anyway, I need a couple of 15"...
24~25" tall... 4.5~5"ish tread width.  A couple of very used frontrunners
would be nice.  Anyone what to clean out a couple from their shop, please
bounce me a note.  If you can drag them to Bonneville, I'll drag them to
northern calif.  Will trade for money or beer.  (P.S.... the donut' spares
from some of the modern cars are 15".. 22" tall, 4" wide and I picked up
two of them for the front of the car for the mounting fee).

KEN

* Ken Bond,                                                 *
* Prof. of Bus. Admin.                                      *
* Humboldt State Univ.              ____________            *
* Arcata, CA 95521          _______| 58  85  99 |_________  *
*                          /     How much horsepower     /  *
*                         /      Can I have and still   /   *
* Wk.:707.826.4277       /_________ go to Heaven?______/    *
* Wk Fax:707.826.6666              |_61______61_|           *
* Hm.:707.826.7764           I Never Drive Faster than      *
* Hm Fax:707.826.0334        My Guardian Angel Can Fly      *
* Internet:                                                 *
* kmb2@humboldt.edu (office)                                *
* ragtops@humboldt1.com (home)                              *