RE: >>> WHO <<<

To: "'Dick J'" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, Want1937hd@aol.com,
Subject: RE: >>> WHO <<<
From: "Clay, Dale" <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 10:11:39 -0700
Something like that, just long enough to get a picture of it airborne so he
could stick it to the Senators who said it was a boondoggle and could never
fly.  You know that is still the largest wingspan ever to fly?  Over 100
feet LONGER than a 747!  And Howard HATED it being called the Spruce Goose,
to him it was always the Flying Boat.

The 1938 record was an around-the-world flight, I'm not sure of the A/C
(Lockheed 14?).

Dale C.

Hmmm, sumpin like 502 feet wasn't it?

Dick J

>             In the same year (1938) Corrigan
> was going the "Wrongway" Howard
> Hughes was setting an airplane travel record.
> What was it. Bob in connecticut
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

entities other than the intended recipient or employees of
MD Helicopters, Inc. is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please
contact the sender by email and delete the material from any computer..