Lemonade

To: "Clay, Dale" <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>,
Subject: Lemonade
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 11:44:12 -0700 (PDT)
--- "Clay, Dale"  wrote:
> Hey Dick,
>
> Great to hear things are progressing well with
> you and you're back in the
> wind!  Sorry to hear you won't make it to the
> salt this year.
>
> Dale C.

Well, that's what I meant about the lemonade.  I
could lay back and cry and moan about the rotten
deal the cards dealt me this year.  But, it's a
lot better to lay back and dream about next year
instead.  After all, this all started back when I
was reading through a story about the 50th
Bonneville meet.  I whispered to myself that I'd
give anything to do that just one time.  I didn't
realize my wife was standing right behind me
until she said: "So do it!  The only difference
between dreamers and doers is that the doers get
out and do it."  At first it seemed totally
ridiculous and out of reach, but she kept
convincing me that there was no reason why I
couldn't drive at Bonneville.  The original
"dream" was "just once".  So I'm still marching
full speed towards that dream.  I've raced Maxton
a couple of times, I'm on my third car, I've
nabbed a couple of records.  Hey, I got a really
great glass of lemonade!

Dick J
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/