Re: barometric pressure

To: "Scott Cowle" <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: barometric pressure
From: "Nafzger" <nafzger@vtc.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 13:06:35 -0700
Scott,
It effects it at idle at least. We have a vacuum standard at the circle
track for checking factory stock camshafts. They must idle at a minimum of
16" at 900 RPM. The folks at holley and the folks who build the TAG weather
stations have both said the higher the barometric pressure, the higher the
idle vacuum. Makes sense. They also said the idle vacuum drops about 1" for
each 1000 ft. of altitude as a rule of thumb.
That's all I know about it.
Howard