Early Roll Bars

To: wspotter <wester6935@home.com>,
Subject: Early Roll Bars
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 08:12:18 -0700 (PDT)
--- wspotter <wester6935@home.com> wrote:
> A look at Formula 1, Indy cars and other sport
> racing cars running at
> historic races today will scare you to death.

OBOY, I know what you mean there.  I have a
library of nearly all episodes of "Legends of
Speed" from Speedvision.  Some of those formula
and indy cars from the fifties and early sixties
didn't have anything more than a small hoop about
the size of the driver's helmet and it wasn't any
higher than the helmet.  Lotsa driver's wearing
sports shirts and sunglasses too.  Jshees, I can
even remember buying my first helmet for SCCA
racing in the early sixties.  It wasn't much more
than the typical "non-DOT-approved" Harley skid
lid now days, but I knew I was a "real" racer
'cause I had a helmet!

Dick J
http://phonecard.yahoo.com/