Re: Fuel in Oil

To: "Dick J" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel in Oil
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 08:33:06 -0500
Dick you hit the nail on the head except that there was THICK oil in the
Pan.

One of my original theory's was that the Carb had washed it and then gone
into the Tank via the dry sump Pump....   But.... the oil in the pan would
have had to be at least Thin.... and it wasn't.... so that being the case
who knows....  It really does look like a re-fueling issue...

it was an interesting problem.... again everything in the bottom of the
motor looks fine so I'm not overly concerned about it at this point.....
without pulling the pan I would have worried about it all the way to
Bonneville....

I try as hard as I can to give us the best equipment we can have within our
budget. and silly little nagging things are just not an option.... it's
about taking the time at this point to make myself comfortable with the
complete car....  Preparation Preparation Preparation...... silly as it may
seem it makes for a much more comfortable trip out there..... the trip home
has always been tough...  Maybe someday it will be like the ride home from
Muroc.... wow.... maybe I should say floating home....