RE: Lucille

To: "'Chris \"Dad\" Land'" <eaglemot@bellsouth.net>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Lucille
From: "Clay, Dale" <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 10:28:03 -0700
Hey, Dad,

Let the stories fly!  Sounds like you got a bunch of interesting stuff going
on.  I'll be on the salt Tuesday through Thursday (unfortunately without the
bike this time).  I'll look for you, best of luck!

Dale C.

thanks to all my friends and team mates, and family for putting up with me!

Chris "Dad" Land wrote:

> well i'm trying to get the trailer organized and
> loaded..................finishing touches to lucille for one last blast
> up the road before loading...........wrap up spare motor....cuz i leave
> in about 2 weeks.......well, less really as i am leaving a couple days
> early to enjoy the ride to the salt flats and recharge my batteries
> before our Land speed record attempt...yes ,i have goose bumps! i have 7
> national records and my partner has 3, or 4.god willing.............and
> the ol lady of the salt willing ..............i'm going for it!!.all the
> while working on the busy season here at lone eagle.i've been trying not
> to bore you guys with my drivle this year but if your  interested let me
> know cuz i'm about to bust!on a side note..i'm wrapping up a chopper
> suicide/clutch, hand shift 57 pan.....got to put a couple hundred break
> in miles on it to catch any buggs or gremlins and get her dialed in
> before i turn her over to the customer!.but a man walked in today with a
> complete(except front and rear fenders) 1936 vlh(he says)that belonged
> to his dad(he ,the customer is late 60's) in several boxes totally
> disassembled..............for the past 40 years................rust
> doesn't quite tell about it but it should be fun.and he wants a 100 %
> restoration or as close as humanly possible.6months to 10 months
> depending...........damn ,i wish i had time to start it now but the salt
> calls and i have it really bad.anyone else or should i say whom else is
> going?.work calls........lettme no  and my machine shop is sitting full
> of stuff,thank gawd my customers and friend put up with me!
> ol'dad , just looking for the feeling i get when i make a good hard run!

entities other than the intended recipient or employees of
MD Helicopters, Inc. is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please
contact the sender by email and delete the material from any computer..