Math Help Needed

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Math Help Needed
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 08:08:26 -0700
Yeah, yeah, yeah....I know I am the "dr", but, I need some help! I have been
fiddling with removing the rolling resistance from the speed equations for
Cd. Yikes! The addition of 2 simple terms have turned the math into a true
nightmare. I have managed to integrate the equations and it is nightmarish.
The result contains both  arctangent and radical functions. The radical
contains the required Cd terms, lots of them. My Mthcad is not up to the
problem of rearranging the final equation to solve for Cd. Anybody have
Mathmatica? Or something better? I can solve using Excel but it is not user
friendly for use on the salt like the simple equations for Cd.

Oh, by the way, The Cartest 2000 man, just added a cross plot of speed vs
distance and has let the program free run until top speed is actually
reached (used to be 60 seconds). If I send him pictures he can make up a
background file of LSR cars and toys.

mayf, the red necked, truly ignorant desert rat in Pahrump.