Quiet list/rolling resistance

To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Quiet list/rolling resistance
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 08:02:16 -0700
Here's something to ponder while we have a quiet list.

I just spoke with a guy who is coming to Speedweek next month. During our
conversation he mentioned his cd and rolling resistance figures. Knowing that
these subjects had been discussed before I asked him how he determined the
numbers.

"Several hours in the wind tunnel of a major manufacturer and the combined
efforts of the University of Iowa Engineering and Math Departments"

So, it seems that the problem is not so simple for a bunch of backyard Hot
Rodders. However, knowing it can be done doesn't mean that that hot rodders
can't come up with solution.

DW