Re: Reading? hmmm / Virus Alert

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Reading? hmmm / Virus Alert
From: "rgribble" <rgribble@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 00:08:24 -0700
Hi List!
Glad to say I got the virus out of my machine, very very nasty thing it was.
I'm really sorry if it infected any of you'all. Not sure where it came from
and I didn't have a recent update running to catch it.

A couple of thought's on KT's coments about NASCAR AIR;
( I hate to admit it but the kid from 'Bamma is right)
Elimination of air under the car is a primary concern for sure, in fact they
previously reversed the window NACA Ducts to suck air from under the car
instead of blowing in. It's illegal now in Winston Cup but I do run it like
that on the Bird. This obviously helps with the down force without causing
drag but also eliminates air from passing under the car (not very smooth
under there). My crossmember runs about 1 inch above the ground at full
speed and my front skirt is designed to be ground off by the track surface.
Side skirts are used for the same purpose.

Super-speedway cars (Taladega, Daytona) are as pointed as they can be in the
nose with front parts of the fenders tucked in tight. Short track cars have
spread out front fenders that give more downforce but rob the top end. (yes
they fit a template............ before the race)

There's a lot of aero-engineering in this community and the Univ. of North
Carolina at Charlotte has done some amazing video's about aerodynamics done
by GM and others for NASCAR. I'm trying to get copies to bring with me to
B'Ville...I'll keep you posted.

I been to some chicken processing plants and I know what's in them parts!!!
Grib
Do what others Won't and you'll do what others Can't for the rest of your
life