Aero

To: "Clay, Dale" <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Aero
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 05:27:47 -0500
Dale I'm not playing dumb here at all..... I have a very strong
understanding of Aerodynmanic's as it applies to rotary wing flight (
helicopters )  I can teach you why Helicopters are in fact designed to fly
rather then subject you to the myth that like a bumble bee there is No way
it will work.....

Past that I think of air like it's water..... or a much thicker fluid then
it is... I try and do what looks right...   Having had many conversations
with folks who play with aerodynamic's on cars I have learned a ton.....
mostly I know that what looks good doesn't always work....   Look at Jack
Costello's car..... it's Right aerodynamically...  again it's a study in
thinking correctly.

When I was out in LA last week I had several Long conversation's with Doug
Robinson..... he built his own wind tunnel to test some theory's on his new
Roadster he is building.... now here is a guy with a clue.... again it's not
a formal education just a guy who took the time to design and build a car
that is as aerodynamically correct as a Roadster can be....  Neat guy.