Aero and cooling

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Aero and cooling
From: RAWAWA@aol.com
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 22:36:52 EDT
Being such a social butterfly,i just caught up with recent discussions and
have a few questions/comments. KT ,please scusa' me for not bringing these up
in the dead of winter,as opposed to right before B'ville....Regarding the
cooling thread,is it possible/feasable to put a REALLY high volume fan on a
car to cool,especially if it's a small,limited space car with no need for
added weight (Maxton car). My little motor (500 cc) has a serious heat
problem and we'd prefer to keep away from accessory cooling devices,ie
cooling carts,et al.......And about the Aero,Dale said that any surface angle
more acute than 7 degrees causes the air to de-laminate and cause
turbulance,if i got that right. Soooo, Costella's NT III is 28 inches
wide,but only needs to be about a min of 11 ft long with a 28 in. sphere as
cargo. Obviously,Jack needs room for the drivetrain and his dainty self,say 6
feet for him and a small compact d-train,giving 17 feet. So,why is it 28 feet
long ? High speed Wheel Base,i'd guess. But,what is wrong with the
round,classic belly tank ? Flat anywhere on these cars seems to invite
lift,either up or down,like other listees( listards?)  have asserted .
Bob, mo' ignert than Mayf, Wanner