Re: shut down procedure

To: "Phillip Landry" <saltracer@hotmail.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: shut down procedure
From: Higginbotham Land Speed Racing <saltrat@pro-blend.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 22:08:10 -0500
Phil,
If you kill the motor, you also kill the trans pump and leave the trans
with no lube and that will kill the trans..... If you put it in
neutral...keep the engine running as long as you can. Best bet is to come
down in gear unless something failed in the engine.
See me for "stuff" at the salt to add some insurance against a failed trans.
Skip