Re: running commentry-Tech Inspection

To: JERRY FOSTER <fosterap@flash.net>
Subject: Re: running commentry-Tech Inspection
From: William T Smith <WmTSmith@landracing.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 05:28:35 -0600 (MDT)
We made it through inspection yesterday with out to
much that we had to to the car.

We had to put and extra belt in the car to give a
stragiht pull  down on the shoulder straps and a
several extra hose clamps.

The time consumer was we had to take nearly all of the
skin metal off the front of the car to attache the
saftey belt.  The good nes is we are all back together
and we will be heading to the salt in an hour for me to
make my first lisc. pass and start my step up by 25 mph
at a pass untill be get to the cars potential.

I must say that I was guite apprehensive about MY
bailout test but I made it even thought they through in
a coupla things for me to do that I hadn't rehearsed.
20 seconds flat.--wow what a reliefe now I can drive
and get my competention lisc today. wmts 5:30 AM

Quoting JERRY  FOSTER <fosterap@flash.net>:

> Great report Bill.......keep it up.  Also, tell Keith
and Brad that ol'
> Jerry said hi.    Jerry

Bland"
speed@autox.team.net>
> Sent: Friday, August 10, 2001 6:55 AM
> Subject: Re: running commentry?
>

> > Running along !
> > Skip, had a little glitch Wed night --broken oil
line
> > in Gallup N. Mex on tow truck. Skip was back on the
> > road after gettting fixed by Rico Motor Co. Mickey
and
> > Marty Menapace the owners got him going again-- they
> > are racers stockers on the NM dirt tracks.  My wife
> > Linda picked me up at SLC airport we get to Wendover
> > and as I am unloading the truck some guy in shorts
> > walks by with a can of diet coke and a cigarette
and I
> > said I bet you must be Keith Turk-- I guessed right
and
> > soon got to meet Brad Johnson. About that time Russ
> > Mack our team member from Houston pulls in and we
> > start  going around looking at the different cars
that
> > have pulled into the parking lot at the Rainbow.
wmts

> > Quoting JOHN BACKUS <34ford@msn.com>:
> >
> > >  Bless you Jon, you're a good man, no matter what
> > Keith sez about you.
> > >
> > > John Backus

Landracing.com,
> > pictures, commentary,
> > > video,
> > > and hopefully again this year results. So stay
tuned