Tire Testing

To: "Land Speed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tire Testing
From: "landspeedracer" <landspeedracer@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 08:14:31 -0400
This tire thread has been interesting. Lots to consider. Especially the fact
that most of all the records at Bonneville are on narrow tires. I think we
all wish our selection of tires and sizes was better and hence the interest
in something different.
It was great that Grib was willing to test a new style of tire and report
his findings. That's the kind of experimenting that makes LSR so
interesting.
There is still a lot of supposition in this area. Sure would be nice to
continue testing on one 200+ MPH vehicle that could be fitted with a variety
of tires to actually see what differences there might really be (with some
data acquisition, as well as driver feedback).

John Beckett, LSR Comp Coupe