Re: What is this nonsense about 3HP on 110V 15A circuits?

To: "Bryan A. Savage Jr" <basavage@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: What is this nonsense about 3HP on 110V 15A circuits?
From: William T Smith <WmTSmith@landracing.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 06:11:11 -0600 (MDT)
Bryan,
I recently borrowed one of those discount(DElTA fr.
Home Depot) specials from my Cousin and I didnt check
it out, there was no breaker, and it did exactly what
you said it burned up under load and melted in side. I
did myself a favor and bought a more expensive unit
with a breaker and a higher amp rating. wmts

Quoting "Bryan A. Savage Jr" <basavage@earthlink.net>:

> At last the answer.
> http://www.landfield.com/faqs/electrical-
wiring/part2/section-12.html

> I always wondered about those new 5 HP Compressors
that only put out
> 1.9 CFM more than my 20 year old 1 HP Compressor (at
least, used to)[90PSI]

majordomo@autox.team.net