finally home after B/V

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: finally home after B/V
From: "Rose & Terry Hunt" <hunt@Kuentos.guam.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 07:18:50 +1000
Hi list, We're home in Guam. After B/V we went to Phoenix and cleaned up the
Studebaker, truck and trailer. The haul to the salt and back cost 3 trailer
tires and 2 truck tires. We had a fair amount of bad luck except when I ran
the car. On my first and second run the tach. was broken. I just shifted when
the motor when it sounded right. The run was very smooth and didn't seem much
faster than last years 200 mph. I was shocked to see a 227.5. Thanks to all
for the encouragement. Glen said we'd make it to the salt and he was right. So
sorry, Keith that you had so much trouble. I know there is a record in your
future. Also, thanks for the loan of the tools. Special thanks to Miler Mike
for agreeing to measure the motor thru the pan. Much easier than pulling the
motor to pull a head. Thanks, Dan for helping me with the registration snafu,
I'll be more attentive next time. I'm really proud of  my wife, Rose and
daughter MeShawn. They were the co- crew chiefs and did a great job of keeping
ol dad safe.. After Phoenix, Rose and I visited our property in Templeton, CA.
We're planning on starting some construction soon. Living in the mainland will
make landspeed racing muck easier.  I noticed a lot of talk on tires. For what
it's worth, I ran the Goodyear Talladega's and the car wandered around. Now, I
use M/T in back and the car goes straight as a bullet. I don't think tread is
of value., they always fill with salt anyway. I am now a believer in the
narrower tire. Less flex from a short sidewall, less drag, and more pounds per
square inch of car weight on the available contact area are the advantages,
Terry Hunt, Guam Bomb, #743