chutes

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: chutes
From: "Rose & Terry Hunt" <hunt@Kuentos.guam.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 12:04:11 +1000
The discussion regarding new cars brings to mind my experience with licensing
runs at El Mirage.. First run at 125mph. Used the chute and it worked fine. On
the 150mph pass I pulled the chute and the turned right 45 degrees. Yikes! The
problem was too short a tow line. The chute opened while still in "dirty" air
and off to the left side. The answer is to have a tow line long enough to be
in "clean" air .I think it a good idea to use the chute in all licensing runs
as a driver works his/her way to faster licenses. Terry Hunt, Guam Bomb,#743