Re: HEY EVERYONE ( advice )

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: HEY EVERYONE ( advice )
From: rtmack <RTMACK@pop3.concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2001 11:28:35 -0500
Keith, list:
Having spent the last 20 years of my career under the "Quality Assurance"
umbrella, I come back into hot-rodding with an attitude that I hope is a big
improvement over my earlier experiences trying to apply wrench to machine.

I like the way R. M. Pirsig expressed it in his (cult classic) book Zen and the
Art of Motorcycle Maintenance:
    "...care and Quality are internal and external aspects of the same thing.  A
person who sees Quality and feels it as he works is a person who cares."

-- and, by implication-- is a person who produces and maintains the desired
qualities in his machines.

Russ Mack
(not from California or Sonoma.  Houston, actually.)