Friends

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Friends
From: Scott Cowle <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 08:05:35 -0400
  I have had the pleasure of experiencing American hospitality twice as a
land racer going to Maxton so I am pleased that while it is so little , in
Toronto, Montreal, Gander Newfoundland, and Vancouver Canadians are opening
their communities up to accomodate those who were forced to fly to Canada
yesterday.In Gander NFLD the population doubled from 10,000 to 20,000 in
just hours, but in typical maritimer hospitality churches, schools, hotels ,
and people in their private dwellings are opening up to help. It is the
least we can do. As well blood donor banks have been overwhelmed by the
numbers who want to donate. I'm telling you this so you all know you as a
people are respected and appreciated and when you need help you will never
stand alone. I hope it helps you feel a little better knowing we care. I
can't wait untill my next trip to Maxton and in the summer of 2003 I'm going
to Bonneville come Hell or high water! My heart goes out to all the victims
and their families.
Scott