Re: Recall to the army

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: Recall to the army
From: "Jonathan Amo" <webmaster@landracing.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 17:53:19 -0600
List,

I was in the service for 8 years (6 years active 109th Engineer Group Rapid City
South Dakota, 2 year in-active), and recently I did another short stint with the
Army National Guard 244th Eng. Bat. here in Denver changing my MOS. I have been
in touch with the unit, nothing firm yet, not much anybody wants to announce or
speculate on, but there is a chance they can be activated.
But I served my years waiting for a chance to serve my country if the time came,
I am ready to serve, I have contacted the unit to see how soon I can get back in
the Unit. No for sure answers yet, but if there is a chance the 244th Eng. Bat.
gets called I am doing everything I can right now to be a part of it, and be
there serving my country as I have waited to do for a very long time. I owe it
my country, I owe it to the Army, I owe it to my family, I owe it to myself.
This pretty much sums up my view on the current US Situation.
I have other opinions of the current situation but will keep them to myself.
Since Tuesday I have not been able to tear myself away from the television. When
im working im listening to the radio, when I come home I have been watching the
latest events until 2-3 am every day getting little sleep. I am not a emotional
person at home, I dont cry, my wife has never seen me cry. But as I listen to
the
reports, the tragedies, the horrifying crashes, the stories of people who lost
family, friends, companies, co-workers I have broke that emotional barrier and
cried uncontrollably. The attack was not only on our country, the Pentagon, New
York City but it was also on me as an American.
I dont know where the list stands on military strikes against the country aiding
and Harboring the vigilantes but the time of reckoning will soon be near, and
those involved will feel the wrath of a powerful country and its allies.
There isn't enough words in the human population to thank the people who have
been part of the rescue effort but if I could be there I would shake the hand of
every person there. For the families of lost ones, we will have our day of
justice.

Jonathan Amo
www.landracing.com