Re: Bonneville 2001 Flatheads and Arduns

To: Want1937hd@aol.com, ardunbill@webtv.net, bigsid@webtv.net, bk185@lafn.org,
Subject: Re: Bonneville 2001 Flatheads and Arduns
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 10:36:15 -0700 (PDT)
WOW!  Caught my breath there for a minute Bob.
The word photo didn't appear until the next line,
and I almost blacked out thinking you had just
bought a V8 60 Ardun midget.

Your comment about the bodywork being formed
around the valve covers did catch my attention
too.  I was re-checking my favorite Bonneville
and Muroc tapes yesterday, and I'm surprised at
how many cars have little holes cut to clear
headers, steering boxes and linkages, valve
covers and such, and they are just left open.  It
would seem that if each one of those little holes
were carefully faired and bubbled back into the
body envelope, they would add a few miles per
hour to the car.  What do you think, Mayf?

Dick J