I knew you'd pick the '41Ford!!

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: I knew you'd pick the '41Ford!!
From: "Jim Rose" <jimrose@lightstream.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 21:42:26 -0400
Ok.  Talk to me.  I am easily influenced right now.
Why should I go for the '41 Ford/flathead for LSR??  I mean, besides the
fact it would be really cool!!  With out a rule book yet, I do not have an
understanding of the classes.  But I'd like to hear your reasons.  As I
mentioned I have a fresh, rebuilt, STOCK flathead.  Will it take a ton of
money to make a zillion HP??  Or are there some minor building/tuning to
these things that make them fun to run??  Also, eventually, I'd like to be
competitive in some class or another, would that be realistic??  I'm
intrigued by the idea...  Thoughts please!!!!

Thanks.